In our very first episode of Advocata Radio, the monthly podcast of the Advocata Institute we interview Dr Reuben Abraham. He is the CEO of the IDFC Institute in Mumbai as well as an adviser to Advocata. Reuben shares his ideas around urbanization, the government's Western Province Megapolis plans and how Sri Lanka could use Special Economic Zones to accelerate urbanization and growth.
Direct Links to CONTENTS
- Political Economy of Policy
- On Urbanization
- Why Rules matter in Urbanization
- On the Western Province Megapolis Plans
- On adopting Special Economic Zones and can SEZs save Hambantota?
- How Sri Lanka could benefit from India
- Full Profile of Reuben Abraham
- Reuben's article on Smart City Delusions
- Paul Romer's TED Talk on Charter Cities (Fun fact - After the recording of this podcast Paul Romer has been appointed as the chief economist of the World Bank)
- More Reuben Abraham - On Social Mobility and Urbanization, On Entrepreneurship
We'd love to hear what you thought about the podcast. Loved it? Hated it? let us know on the comments below or email us on email@example.com